In this video, I interview Peter Harris, author of the best-selling book, “Commercial Real Estate Investing for Dummies”. Peter has acquired over $100 million dollars worth of apartments and other commercial properties all across the United States.
In this interview, Peter answers the 10 most commonly asked questions about how to get started buying your first apartment.
Here are some of the questions answered:
- What are some benefits of investing in apartments?
- If someone is starting out with no real estate experience, what would you recommend?
- Is there a minimum amount of money someone should have to get started investing in apartments?
- Does a person need to have good credit to invest in apartments?
- What suggestions do you have for someone who has invested in single family properties who wants to start investing in multifamily properties?
- Can you briefly explain what it means to do syndication with apartment investing, and the benefits of that?
- If a person is going to do syndication, what should they know to avoid trouble with the SEC?
- How important is credibility when it comes to investing in apartments, and what can a person do to build it credibility?
- What are some common pitfalls new investors run into that our listeners should be aware of?
- Should a new investor partner with someone more experienced on the first deal?